- Preceptor and/or AU:
- must have the required credentials here at the program where the candidate trained; OR must have had the credentials here and directed the candidate's nuclear cardiology training (e.g. a former program director)
- must be in a position to verify and attest to the candidate's training
- Classroom & Laboratory Training (CLT):
- CLT may be separated temporally from the rest of training
- CLT must be repeated if more than 7 years have elapsed since initial CLT & applicant is currently not an Authorized user
- Documentation of 300 cases (when applicable):
- Documentation may be obtained from:
Hospital or practice administrator (MD or non-MD)
- A notorized letter attesting to number of cases constitutes the required documentation.
- Cases must be within 24 months preceding application
- Time limit on letters of documentation
- Preceptor and other letters must be dated within 7 years of application
- Preceptor letters older than 7 years may be submitted with the following supplemental documentation: a letter from a current Authorized User program director or lab director (from training institution) verifying that the information in the original letter is accurate.
More information can be found here.