All eligibility requirements must be completed prior to submitting a CBCCT application. If documentation of other requirements is missing or incomplete, a resubmission fee will be assessed. All documentation must be in English or accompanied by a translation.
1. Certification in Cardiovascular CT by CBCCT no earlier than 8 years prior to application
2. Medical Licensure
- U.S. Applicants must present a copy of a current, unconditional, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the United States
- Non U.S. Applicants must provide a copy of a current license to practice medicine from their country of practice.
Documentation to Verify Medical Licensure
o Copy of medical license or printout from State Medical Board website.
o Must be current and include expiration date.
3. Board Certification (in one of the following)
- Cardiovascular Disease - Provide documentation of board certification in Cardiovascular Disease from the American Board of Internal Medicine or subspecialty certificate in Cardiology from the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine.
- Nuclear Medicine - Provide documentation of board certification in Nuclear Medicine from the American Board of Nuclear Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Nuclear Medicine.
- Radiology - Provide documentation of board certification in Radiology from the American Board of Radiology or the American Osteopathic Board of Radiology.
- Other - if you were ORIGINALLY certified under a specialty other than one of the three listed above, you must include a statement of explanation with your application.
Documentation to Verify Board Certification
o Copy of certificate issued by the professional certifying board in your specialized field, including the effective and expiration dates of certification.
o Letter or print-out from the professional certifying board's website verifying certification and providing the physician's name, specialized field and effective and expiration dates of certification.
4. Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- 24 CME Category I hours completed within the 36 months prior to application.
Documentation: Certificate from AMA PRA Category 1 CME provider identifying the name of the course, program or conference, dates attended, credit hours earned and Program Director(s) names. If CME was earned by attendance at a multi-modality conference/meeting it is the Applicant's responsibility to identify the number of cardiovascular CT-specific sessions attended and credit hours earned. Multiple course certificates will be accepted.
Non U.S. applicants - Evidence of attendance at or participation in educational lectures, via a letter or certificate from the sponsoring organization.
5. Maintenance Requirement
Documentation of a minimum of 150 contrast cardiac CT cases completed within the prior 36 months. These cases must have been interpreted in a clinical environment, or interpreted on a workstation in a supervised teaching environment.
Documentation to verify Maintenance of Competence
- Certificate from a course showing the name of the course, dates of attendance and verification that the Applicant interpreted 150 contrast cardiac CT cases on a workstation in a supervised teaching environment in the prior 36 months.
- Letter from a qualified supervisor attesting that the Applicant interpreted 150 contrast cardiac CT cases in a clinical environment or on a workstation in a supervised teaching environment in the prior 36 months.
o CBCCT provides a Recertification Maintenance Attestation letter template which can be used to document this requirement. This letter must be dated and printed on the author's organizational letterhead and can be found under the Recertification Forms and Templates menu option.